Monster Dash, Chicago’s Ultimate Halloween Race.
Early registration 2013 coming soon.
THE COURSE LOCATION:
Badlandz , Route 394 & Elms Ct. Lane, Crete, IL (708-862-2222)
Click here for map view of and driving directions to Badlandz.
Key to above course map:
Numbers enclosed in grey circles indicate mile markers.
Orange numbers indicate obstacles which are described below:
- 1. Forest of No Return – Enter at your own risk.
- 2. Field of Screams – Make your way through nature’s wicked terrain.
- 3. Paranormal Planks – Maintain your balance on logs as you cross over a murky river.
- 4. Toxic River – Commando rope swing over a river.
- 5. Haunted Hill – Scale gravity defying hills.
- 6. Land of the Dead – Run for your life through a haunted graveyard.
- 7. Slithery Mud Slope – Slip and slide your way down a mudslide.
- 8. Spider Cargo Climb – Use every muscle to scale a massive net.
- 9. Walls of Terror – Climb/hurdle over a series of walls.
- 10. Buried Alive – Claustrophobics nightmare! Slither on your back through buried tunnels.
- 11. Mystery Obstacle - Are you ready to face this grueling challenge?
- 12. Mystery Obstacle - Can you conquer what lies ahead?
- 13. Merciless Maze – Try not to lose your way through this maze.
- 14.Creepy Cargo Crawl – Spider man belly crawl under a low net.
- 15. Hell’s Castle – Run through Hell’s gateway into the devil’s den.
Race results will be posted on this page within 2-5 days of the event.
RACE LENGTH: 5K (3.10 miles)
Waves of up to 300 participants will start at the following times:
8:00am, 8:30am, 9:00am, 9:30am, 10:00am, 10:30am, 11:00am, 11:30am, and Noon.
Packet pick-up will be available during the following times:
Wednesday, October 17th From 2:00pm-8:00pm
Thursday, October 18th From 12:00pm- 8:00pm
Friday, October 19th From 12:00pm- 8:00pm at Bad Boyz Toys, 17913 Torrance Ave., Lansing, IL (708-205-4507 or 312-622-7668)
--> Click here for map view of Bad Boyz Toys.
Saturday, October 20th from 7:00am-11:00am at Badlandz, Route 394 & Elms Ct. Lane, Crete, IL (708-205-4507 or 312-622-7668)
Click here for map view of Badlandz.
If this doesn't work for you, when you register you will have an option of getting your packet mailed to you for $15.00 per person.
WHAT YOU NEED AT PACKET PICK-UP:
- Your photo i.d.
- Your participant waiver initialed, signed, and ready to go. DOWNLOAD IT HERE! (This step is optional but highly recommended to save time at packet pick-up.)
PICKING UP A FRIEND'S PACKET?
You may pick up a friend's packet as long as you bring the following three items with you:
- A copy of their photo i.d.
- A signed letter stating that they will allow you to pick up their packet
- A signed copy of their participant waiver (if age is under 18).
WHEN TO ARRIVE ON RACE DAY:
We recommend that you arrive at least one hour before your wave time. Remember that you will have to park at Balmoral Park parking lot, hop on a shuttle ride to the course, pick up your packet (if you haven't done that earlier), attach your bib and chip, and make your way to the starting line.
WHAT YOU NEED AT THE RACE:
- Appropriate footwear is highly recommended! Remember that what you wear might get dirty. We recommend a change of clothes and something to sit on for the drive home!
- Spending money for any extra beer, food, entertainment, or Monster Dash gear (Cash only, please!)
- A lot of guts!
WHAT TO LEAVE AT HOME:
- No outside alcoholic beverages or food will be allowed.
- No weapons and/or firearms will be allowed.
- No glass containers will be allowed.
- **Security will be enforcing the area**
Gear check will be available for racers to check their items during the race (like a coat check). Feel free to leave your keys, t-shirt, and all those items you don't want to carry with you during the race!
BIBS & CHIPS:
Enclosed in your goody bag at packet pick-up will be your race bib with chip attached.
What is a bib? This is your unique identification number to the race staff, photographers, spectators, etc. Make sure your bib is attached to the front of your shirt using the safety pins provided.
What is a chip? Your personalized chip, which will be attached to your bib, carries all of your registration information (name, age, gender) electronically and will record your start and finish time when you cross. NO CHIP, NO TIME! Make sure your bib stays attached to you at the start and finish of the race in order to receive your time.
Parking is FREE and will be available at Balmoral Park Racetrack directly up Elms Court Lane, near the Badlandz entrance.
During the race, there will be a water station at the half-way point of the race course.
Water will be available after you cross the finish line, as well as granola bars and bananas.
After the race, you will receive one free beer ticket. Additional beer and food items will be available for purchase.
Remember, no outside food or drinks will be allowed! Security will be enforcing the area.
Spectators are more than welcome to watch Monster Dash in action. They are allowed to watch for free.
PARTY LIKE A MONSTER:
Beer, music and fun will take place beginning at 8:30am to 2:00pm. Beer and food items will be available for purchase (See above "Monster Fuel"). At 2:30pm the music and the beer will come to an end and it’ll be time to go home.
The awards ceremony will take place at 12:30pm on Saturday recognizing the day's:
• Top males and females in each age division
• Best costume (must be present to win; by audience applause)
• Participants must be present to receive award. Awards and prize packs will not be mailed post-race.